Nautical had a strong presence with many of the resort 2012 collections. It always has been a favourite look of mine as it has a great fresh feel for spring and now is the time to go overboard and really play with it as seen on the runway for Yves Saint Laurent and The Row. Here are a few great inspiration pieces to get you started incorporating a little bit of a nautical influence when getting dressed.
1. Joe Fresh Marine Dress. $29 Cdn. This is such a fun and affordable way to get in on this trend. I love the band of red on the bottom for a pop of colour. Wear it with tights now and great wedges in the spring.
2. J. Crew Merriweather Jacket. $148 US (on sale $120 USD). With the arrival of J. Crew here in Toronto, my J. Crew love has grown. This jacket is a fun way to have the nautical trend both for work and weekend. You can dress it up with great pants and a blouse for work-wear and then really play with it when off duty.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Rivierea Starfish-Print Canvass Wedge Sandal. $745 USD. If you have the budget, how fun are these? I love the blue and white colour scheme and the playfulness of the starfish motif. I would wear them with a great pair of bell bottom jeans or a fantastic mini dress. For a really fun full nautical feel it would make a great outfit with the Joe Fresh Marine Dress.
4. Kain Label Devyn Sweater. $152 Cdn. This sweater is great with the layered look built right in. Pair it tucked in with chic pencil skirt or wear it untucked with casual khaki’s like the All Saints Filter Chino.
5. Alice + Olivia Olsen Stripe Stretch Silk Playsuit. $295 USD. Playsuits are a lazy girls way to look put together in no time. The halter neckline and the wide stripes make it a fresh take on the nautical feel.
6. All Saints Filter Chino. $95 USD. These slimmed leg rolled hem chino’s scream hanging out on the water and yachting. They are perfect for casual Friday or the weekend. I love the idea of them with a the J. Crew Merriweather jacket and a beautiful blouse and heels for casual Friday and then pair it with the Kain Label Devyn sweater for casual.
7. Gorjana Anchor Bracelet. $50 USD. This is a great way to work a little bit of nautical in to your everyday wardrobe. I am a huge fan of Gorjana jewelry and this anchor bracelet in gold plate or sterling silver is just to fun to pass up on.